The difference between a win or loss was definitely the bench in the SARU u/21 final between the Lions and Bulls. I am maybe overly critical but am disappointed in the preparation of the Lions coaching staff for the final. Then we go overboard with a SARU "decision" to play an u/20 competition in February and March. Ja swaer.
The Vodacom Blue Bulls scored two tries in the last three minutes of the SA Rugby u21 Championship final at Emirates Airline Park to ease them into a 48-33 win over the Xerox Lions in a high-scoring match that yielded no less than 12 tries.
This handed the Pretoria side their second title in as many years, but this defence was in doubt until five minutes from time in a highly entertaining match worthy of a final and played by the best two teams in the competition.
The champions held their nerve better in the second half and while trailing 17-10 at the break, continued to use their expansive game to good effect, scoring six tries in the second stanza. The home side dominated the middle part of the match through their pack and their rolling mauls. However, the greater flexibility of the Vodacom Blue Bulls attacking arsenal proved the difference in the end.
- URC – DHL Stormers Dominate URC Team Of The Week
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB Wits Bully FNB UWC
- FNB Varsity Cup – Poor Discipline Cost FNB UJ Against FNB CUT
- FNB Varsity Cup – NWU FNB Eagles Got Defence Of Title Off To Perfect Start Against FNB Maties
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB UCT Ikeys Beat UFS Shimlas In A Hard-fought Battle
- Vodacom Bulls Confirm Devon Williams’ Transfer From The Airlink Pumas
- URC – The DHL Stormers Can Get Even Better
- SVNS – “We Realise We Need To Deliver In Vancouver” – Ryan Oosthuizen
- Springboks Name Squad For First 2024 Alignment Camp
- URC – Last Gasp Ospreys Win Lifts SA’s URC Hopes
- Varsity Cup – FNB Varsity Cup Expected To Kick Off With A Bang
- URC – “They Don’t Play Rugby In Their Half, They’re Not Dangerous” – Jake White
- URC – Double Derby Delight For Vodacom Bulls And DHL Stormers
- URC – Ospreys Snatch Victory Over Ulster With Last-Minute Drop Goal
- URC – “We Aren’t There Yet. We Will Get There” – John Plumtree