Round 7 of the BKT United Rugby Championship delivered some outstanding individual performances.Here, we take a look at the best players by position from the weekend’s matches, with each side afforded a maximum of four representatives in the final XV.
15. Johnny McNicholl (Scarlets)
Scored the ultimately decisive fifth try - his third of the season - as Scarlets recorded an impressive win at Cardiff and he leads the URC in offloads with 18.
14. Mack Hansen (Connacht)
Impressed as Connacht just fell short against leaders Leinster as he led his team with 130 metres gained, nine defenders beaten and three clean breaks.
13. Stedman Gans (Vodacom Bulls)
Scored two tries and led his team with five defenders beaten as the Bulls put the Hollywoodbets Sharks to the sword.
12. Damian Willemse (DHL Stormers)
Scored the Stormers' fifth try as they ended a four-match losing run against Zebre Parma.
11. Edwill van der Merwe (Emirates Lions)
Earned his place in the team of the week for the second successive round after scoring a pair of tries in the big win over the Dragons and is equal ninth in the league with four so far this season.
10. Sanele Nohamba (Emirates Lions)
Converted five of the Lions' six tries against the Dragons and added three penalties for a 19-point personal haul. Is fourth in the league with 55 points and is second in conversions with 20.
9. Gareth Davies (Scarlets)
Scored a pair of tries to take his tally for the campaign to three as he helped the Scarlets to victory at Cardiff and he also led his side with three clean breaks to earn a spot in the fantasy team for the second time this season.
8. Francke Horn (Emirates Lions)
Another player made a second appearance of the season as he scored a try and led the Lions with three clean breaks. His eight clean breaks for the season see him in a tie for fourth in the league.
7. Elrigh Louw (Vodacom Bulls)
Scored the Bulls' fifth try against the Sharks in a man-of-the-match display and led his team with 14 tackles. He lies fourth in the league with 83 tackles made at a success rate of 91 per cent and is in the team of the week for a second time.
6. Thomas Ahern (Munster)
Ahern scored two tries in Munster's win over Glasgow and won a place in the team of the week for the second time - in different positions.
5. Jason Jenkins (Leinster)
Led Leinster with 16 tackles as they secured a last-gasp victory over Connacht with a try in the very last minute.
4. Edoardo Iachizzi (Benetton)
Played a pivotal role as Benetton earned a hard-fought victory over Ospreys and is a key figure in a group of forwards that leads the league in turnovers won and which lies fifth with 1098 tackles made as a unit.
3. Wilco Louw (Vodacom Bulls)
Impressed on both sides of the ball as the Bulls dominated up front against the Hollywoodbets Sharks, allowing the backs to demonstrate their attacking flair.
2. Akker van der Merwe (Vodacom Bulls)
Scored two tries as the Bulls showed their class in sweeping aside the Hollywoodbets Sharks and his six scores in 2023-24 sees him lie joint second in the league.
1. Pierre Schoeman (Edinburgh)
Scored Edinburgh's second try and was an important figure as Edinburgh's strength up front helped carry them to victory at Ulster.
- URC – DHL Stormers Dominate URC Team Of The Week
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB Wits Bully FNB UWC
- FNB Varsity Cup – Poor Discipline Cost FNB UJ Against FNB CUT
- FNB Varsity Cup – NWU FNB Eagles Got Defence Of Title Off To Perfect Start Against FNB Maties
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB UCT Ikeys Beat UFS Shimlas In A Hard-fought Battle
- Vodacom Bulls Confirm Devon Williams’ Transfer From The Airlink Pumas
- URC – The DHL Stormers Can Get Even Better
- SVNS – “We Realise We Need To Deliver In Vancouver” – Ryan Oosthuizen
- Springboks Name Squad For First 2024 Alignment Camp
- URC – Last Gasp Ospreys Win Lifts SA’s URC Hopes
- Varsity Cup – FNB Varsity Cup Expected To Kick Off With A Bang
- URC – “They Don’t Play Rugby In Their Half, They’re Not Dangerous” – Jake White
- URC – Double Derby Delight For Vodacom Bulls And DHL Stormers
- URC – Ospreys Snatch Victory Over Ulster With Last-Minute Drop Goal
- URC – “We Aren’t There Yet. We Will Get There” – John Plumtree