SA Rugby on Wednesday announced the appointment of experienced rugby administrator and businessman, Mr Peter Jooste, as the new administrator of the Western Province Rugby Football Union (WPRFU). He succeeds Mr Max Fuzani, who has stepped down following his appointment as a special advisor to the Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture.
Mr Jooste is vastly experienced in the rugby environment, having been an outstanding player and later a long-serving Springbok selector, president of the Tygerberg Rugby Club and former member of the Western Province Rugby Football Union executive.
Mr Mark Alexander, the president of SA Rugby, thanked Mr Jooste for taking on the role to complete the process of the Union’s exit from administration by SA Rugby.
“External factors, principally relating to the application to the Western Cape Heritage Council in relation to the sale of Newlands, were outside of the administrator’s control and have complicated the completion of the transactions required to return the Union to financial stability,” said Mr Alexander. “However, we trust the process will be completed over the coming months.”
Mr Jooste takes up his position immediately.
- URC – DHL Stormers Dominate URC Team Of The Week
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB Wits Bully FNB UWC
- FNB Varsity Cup – Poor Discipline Cost FNB UJ Against FNB CUT
- FNB Varsity Cup – NWU FNB Eagles Got Defence Of Title Off To Perfect Start Against FNB Maties
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB UCT Ikeys Beat UFS Shimlas In A Hard-fought Battle
- Vodacom Bulls Confirm Devon Williams’ Transfer From The Airlink Pumas
- URC – The DHL Stormers Can Get Even Better
- SVNS – “We Realise We Need To Deliver In Vancouver” – Ryan Oosthuizen
- Springboks Name Squad For First 2024 Alignment Camp
- URC – Last Gasp Ospreys Win Lifts SA’s URC Hopes
- Varsity Cup – FNB Varsity Cup Expected To Kick Off With A Bang
- URC – “They Don’t Play Rugby In Their Half, They’re Not Dangerous” – Jake White
- URC – Double Derby Delight For Vodacom Bulls And DHL Stormers
- URC – Ospreys Snatch Victory Over Ulster With Last-Minute Drop Goal
- URC – “We Aren’t There Yet. We Will Get There” – John Plumtree