The Western Province Rugby Football Union (WPRFU) announced on Thursday that the Newlands Rugby Stadium was to be placed on the market in a sealed bidding process.
The administrator appointed by SA Rugby to regularise the affairs of the Union has retained an external consultancy to ensure the process is transparent and judged entirely on commercial merits.
Entities wishing to pursue an interest in bidding may request details of the property and the terms and conditions of the bidding process from Galetti (Pty) Limited.
“This is the cleanest, fairest and most transparent method by which to hopefully secure the sale of Newlands to assist in the long-term sustainability of the Union,” said an SA Rugby spokesperson.
“We are now in a position where we can proceed to a sale, having taken some time to understand and untangle the various sale conversations that had taken place.”
The spokesperson said that the sealed bid process was the most transparent method to ensure the best possible outcome for WPRFU and the prospective purchaser. The process allows parties to submit several bids offering different structures along a set of guidelines issued by the seller.
It also prevents any opportunity for the buying party to influence the seller; information is shared simultaneously with all parties and is coordinated externally to ensure the best outcome.
The deadline for submission of non-binding offers is 15 April 2022 with submission of final binding offers on 31 May 2022. It is hoped that a sale can be concluded by 7 June 2022.
- Schoolboy Rugby – Young Graeme College 1stXV Ready For Festival
- SVNS – “We Will Not Make The Same Mistakes Again” – Marlize de Bruin
- 2024 Kearsney Easter Rugby Festival Launched
- Springboks Launch 2024 Season Against Wales At Twickenham
- URC – DHL Stormers Dominate URC Team Of The Week
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB Wits Bully FNB UWC
- FNB Varsity Cup – Poor Discipline Cost FNB UJ Against FNB CUT
- FNB Varsity Cup – NWU FNB Eagles Got Defence Of Title Off To Perfect Start Against FNB Maties
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB UCT Ikeys Beat UFS Shimlas In A Hard-fought Battle
- Vodacom Bulls Confirm Devon Williams’ Transfer From The Airlink Pumas
- URC – The DHL Stormers Can Get Even Better
- SVNS – “We Realise We Need To Deliver In Vancouver” – Ryan Oosthuizen
- Springboks Name Squad For First 2024 Alignment Camp
- URC – Last Gasp Ospreys Win Lifts SA’s URC Hopes
- Varsity Cup – FNB Varsity Cup Expected To Kick Off With A Bang