There are four changes to the DHL Stormers starting line-up for the Vodacom United Rugby Championship encounter with Ospreys at DHL Stadium on Saturday.
Captain Steven Kitshoff’s team will be looking to make it five consecutive home wins when they take on the Welsh outfit at 18h15 on Saturday.
Tickets are available from just R50 from Ticketpro.
There are two changes to the backline and two in the forward pack from the team that secured a 23-20 win against Ulster last week.
Warrick Gelant has been left out as a precaution due to a minor thumb injury and his place at fullback is filled by Damian Willemse, with Rikus Pretorius coming in at inside centre.
Ernst van Rhyn has also been ruled out with an elbow injury picked up in training this week, so Hacjivah Dayimani starts at blindside flank, with the final change coming on the other side of the scrum where Junior Pokomela comes into the starting line-up.
There are also three new faces among the replacements, with Ali Vermaak, Ben-Jason Dixon and Sergeal Petersen all in line to make an impression in the second half.
DHL Stormers Head Coach John Dobson said that his team is aiming to build some more winning momentum against what will be a competitive Ospreys team.
“We have been pleased with our results recently, but we know there is still much we can improve in our game and hopefully we can show take another step forward on Saturday.
“It is another great opportunity for us to play in front of our Faithful supporters and we are expecting a real test from the Ospreys, who have a number of Test players in their ranks,” he said.
DHL Stormers: 15 Damian Willemse, 14 Seabelo Senatla, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Rikus Pretorius, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Hacjivah Dayimani, 6 Junior Pokomela, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Adre Smith, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Chad Solomon, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain). Replacements: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Connor Evans, 20 Deon Fourie, 21 Ben-Jason Dixon, 22 Herschel Jantjies, 23 Sergeal Petersen.
- Schoolboy Rugby – Young Graeme College 1stXV Ready For Festival
- SVNS – “We Will Not Make The Same Mistakes Again” – Marlize de Bruin
- 2024 Kearsney Easter Rugby Festival Launched
- Springboks Launch 2024 Season Against Wales At Twickenham
- URC – DHL Stormers Dominate URC Team Of The Week
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB Wits Bully FNB UWC
- FNB Varsity Cup – Poor Discipline Cost FNB UJ Against FNB CUT
- FNB Varsity Cup – NWU FNB Eagles Got Defence Of Title Off To Perfect Start Against FNB Maties
- FNB Varsity Cup – FNB UCT Ikeys Beat UFS Shimlas In A Hard-fought Battle
- Vodacom Bulls Confirm Devon Williams’ Transfer From The Airlink Pumas
- URC – The DHL Stormers Can Get Even Better
- SVNS – “We Realise We Need To Deliver In Vancouver” – Ryan Oosthuizen
- Springboks Name Squad For First 2024 Alignment Camp
- URC – Last Gasp Ospreys Win Lifts SA’s URC Hopes
- Varsity Cup – FNB Varsity Cup Expected To Kick Off With A Bang