Deal Done – Kolisi’s Move To The Sharks Set To Be Announced


According to Netwerk24, Western Province and the Sharks agree to a transfer fee of R1 million for Springbok captain Siya Kolisi. It is further reported that the Sharks will confirm the transfer of Kolisi by the end of the week.

An agreement between the Sharks and MVM Holdings, an international investment consortium spearheaded by Marco Masotti, reached earlier this year allowed MVM to purchase a 51 percent majority stake in the Sharks with the KwaZulu-Natal Rugby Union and SuperSport International holding the remaining 49 percent of the franchise.

Kolisi also has a management deal with Roc Nation Sports International. The company’s president, Michael Yormark, is also one of Masotti’s partners.

Kolisi is the first of several expected top names being lured to the Sharks in the coming years.